This year perhaps more than any other in recent memory has seen a slew of trends in carpeting. The days of the single overriding trend that soaks up 90% of the attention are long gone and at times it can almost seem like it’s every designer for themselves today. And that’s a good thing, because we’re firm believers in the old adage that variety is the spice of life.
Top Trends in the World of Modern Rugs in Toronto
Carpeting may seem to be a design element that doesn’t really change much from year to year but in fact since the turn of the 21st century modern rugs in Toronto have attracted the ever-increasing attention of interior designers looking to breathe new life into old concepts. Some of today’s top trends include:
- The Rise of Two-Tone – Two-tone rugs have become all the rage for both commercial and residential customers. Two-tone appeals to those seeking to break up space more effectively and/or to create interesting coloristic or textural contrasts.
- Organic Shapes – “Organic” shapes aren’t usually organic at all but are instead carefully thought out by carpet designers. If they’re done well however, you’d never know it. Flowing lines, irregular shapes and volumes and contrasting positive and negative space are all on the menu for this design trend.
- Carpet Runners – This trend had a feeling of inevitability about it. All the lovely hardwood floors that have been going in all over the GTA set the stage for people to discover carpet runners to protect those floors. Carpet runners break up the visual homogeneity of expansive hardwood areas and add to the safety and quiet of your home in the process.
- Greys – Greys and taupes rule the color world of carpeting in 2015. Perfect for that minimalist interior or to provide a neutral backdrop to play subtle color elements off of, neutral-color modern rugs in Toronto have arrived in force. They also make furnishing options almost limitless.
- The Ultra-Soft Carpet – Soft carpeting has been slowly but surely gaining momentum for a decade or so and is today a certifiable movement. From cashmere to cut pile to nylon loop soft ,carpets are taking over the bedrooms of North America and creating really happy feet from coast to coast.
No one has a wider choice of modern rugs in Toronto than the rug and carpeting experts at Weavers Plus. Stop by our showroom and take a look at all of today’s hottest trends, along with classic looks that never go out of style.